1.5 mile warmup at 6:44 pace, Emigration 10 in 54:44 (about half marathon effort as a hard workout for late May's goal half, but not quite a full race effort), 2.5 mile cooldown at 7:16 pace.
1. 6:17 - 200-ish' of the initial 290' net uphill in the first 1.3ish. Pretty uphill, pushed by two guys who fell off at about a mile.
2. 5:31 - Up the remaining climb, then settling into a comfortable, but fast pace on the down. Dropping the guys fully here.
3. 5:12 - Cruising.
4. 5:17 - Calf feeling a bit tight from high mileage and not tapering, so relaxed ever so slightly.
5. 5:17 - Good pace. Not too hard, but not too easy.
6. 5:22 - Getting bored of the downhill.
7. 5:27 - A little lazy.
8. 5:25 - Still a little lazy.
9. 5:19 - Fine, I'll pick it up slightly to make sure I go under 55.
10. 5:21 - Similar to 9.
Last .05 - 5:09 pace.
I'm happy with this result. It was a bit faster than I expected for this kind of effort, and I'm glad to see that the recent consistency is paying off. Up next is BOSHO. 4th try is the charm, right?
Working pretty hard at the summit:
Winning gets a fist bump: